Lane & Waterman LLP has been recognized as one of Iowa’s top law firms for general commercial litigation, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, labor and employment law, and real estate law according to Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2019.
The publication has also recognized eight Lane & Waterman lawyers for their work in specific practice areas. As provided by Chambers and Partners:
- Robert Waterman is viewed by his peers as providing “objective and straightforward advice” and is “knowledgeable, practical, well informed and insightful.” He is especially experienced in acting on product and professional liability litigation. Robert is recognized for general commercial litigation law.
- Scott Van Vooren is highly appreciated by clients for his valuable advice and availability. He is notably active in asset sales and also handles mergers. Scott is recognized for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
- Richard Davidson is noted for his handling of commercial real estate development and financing. He handles such work as part of a broader business law practice that also covers tax law, creditors’ rights and commercial litigation. Richard is recognized for real estate law.
- Judy Herrmann is routinely called upon to handle discrimination, harassment and retaliation charges on behalf of employers. She is praised by a client for being “extremely knowledgeable, personable and easy to talk with” and for “offering options and recommendations and making herself available to connect.” Judy is recognized for labor and employment law.
- Mikkie Schiltz represents a client roster that includes educational institutions and other public and private employers on disputes arising from FMLA and civil rights claims. Mikkie is recognized for labor and employment law.
- Dana Waterman is valued for his wealth of experience and his work includes assisting with management agreements. Sources say that “his reputation is outstanding.” Dana is recognized for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
- Terry Giebelstein is a well-regarded practitioner whose work includes representing clients in asset purchases and buyouts, as well as commercial litigation. Terry is recognized for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
- Diane Reinsch defends employers from discrimination charges in administrative proceedings, particularly in the healthcare space. She also counsels on best practices in policy and training.Diane is recognized for labor and employment law.
Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2019 is published by international publisher Chambers and Partners. The U.S. rankings are based on thousands of in-depth interviews with lawyers in private practice and in-house counsel — “No lawyer can buy their way into our rankings,” according to the publication’s website. Chambers and Partners conducts thousands of interviews with attorneys and their clients worldwide to determine which firms and individuals are the best in the legal industry based upon their practice strengths and reputations within the market. The annual rankings are determined by a team of over 200 researchers who conduct continuous, in-depth telephone research and 15 editors who ensure all research offers an impartial and comparative perspective.. For more information about the Chambers USA research methodology visit www.chambersandpartners.com.