Lane & Waterman LLP has been recognized as one of Iowa’s top law firms for general commercial litigation, mergers and acquisitions, labor and employment law, and real estate law according to Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2020.
The publication has also recognized nine Lane & Waterman lawyers for their work in specific practice areas. As provided by Chambers and Partners:
- Richard Davidson is a respected real estate practitioner who frequently advises on acquisition, financing, development and zoning matters relating to both residential and commercial property. He possesses specific expertise in relation to tax credit financing options. Richard is recognized for real estate law.
- Terry Giebelstein is experienced in M&A and corporate governance matters. Terry is recognized for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
- Judith Herrmann offers broad experience in employment matters, including handling disputes and advising on employment contracts and disability issues. “She’s an outstanding attorney,” comments one interviewee, while another says: “She is a true professional and I trust her insight and her knowledge.” Judith is recognized for labor and employment law
- Jason O’Rourke has been described by Market sources as a “good trial lawyer who is effective, efficient and quick on his feet.” He regularly advises on commercial disputes involving breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty, as well as construction litigation. Jason is recognized for general commercial litigation law.
- Diane Reinsch is called upon for her extensive experience in employment matters. She is adept at representing clients in litigation in state and federal courts as well as advising on employment policies. She offers particular expertise in issues concerning the healthcare sector. Diane is recognized for labor and employment law.
- Mikkie Schiltz offers notable experience in employment matters, regularly advising clients on discrimination and harassment issues, as well as representing them in litigation. Mikkie is recognized for labor and employment law.
- Scott Van Voorenoften acts for publicly traded and private companies on sensitive corporate transactions. Scott is recognized for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
- Dana Watermanis a seasoned practitioner with deep experience in corporate finance. He is additionally adept at corporate governance and banking matters. Dana is recognized for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
- Robert Watermanis adept at handling a range of litigious matters, medical malpractice lawsuits, personal injury claims and commercial disputes. Commentators characterize him as a “knowledgeable, practical, well-informed and insightful lawyer.” Robert is recognized for general commercial litigation law.
Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2020 is published by international publisher Chambers and Partners. The U.S. rankings are based on thousands of in-depth interviews with lawyers in private practice and in-house counsel — “No lawyer can buy their way into our rankings,” according to the publication’s website. Chambers and Partners conducts thousands of interviews with attorneys and their clients worldwide to determine which firms and individuals are the best in the legal industry based upon their practice strengths and reputations within the market. The annual rankings are determined by a team of over 200+ researchers who conduct continuous, in-depth telephone research and 15 editors who ensure all research offers an impartial and comparative perspective.. For more information about the Chambers USA research methodology visit www.chambersandpartners.com.