Lane & Waterman was recently recognized by the Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) as one of 42 law firms and corporations named to their 2022 Recognition Roster at their Annual Pro Bono Reception on June 15th.
The Pro Bono Recognition Roster honors law firms and corporations that have made significant commitments and contributions to pro bono throughout the state of Illinois. These firms and corporations are helping ensure that individuals, families, and communities who are in need receive legal services.
Law firms, corporations, and legal industry corporate partners must meet at least two of the following criteria based on pro bono services rendered by their Illinois offices in 2022, or the most recently closed fiscal year.
- An average of 35 pro bono hours per legal professional in Illinois per year.
- A 5% increase in Illinois office(s) pro bono hours from the previous year.
- 60% or more of the firm’s Illinois attorneys participate in pro bono work.
- Participation in the Chicago Bar Foundation’s Law Firm Leadership Circle, or signing one of PILI’s Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Pro Bono Pledges.
- Adoption of innovative steps to involve more Illinois office(s), legal department staff, in pro bono work or to expand the law firm’s pro bono program.
About the PILI: The Public Interest Law Initiative was created to engage, inspire, and empower those advancing equal access to justice. Through its programs, PILI is advancing equal access to justice by connecting members of the legal community with those in need of legal assistance.