Lane & Waterman Firm Celebrates 165th Anniversary
Lane & Waterman LLP is proud to announce the 165th anniversary of its founding.
Established in August of 1854, A. Abner Davison and David C. True formed a partnership to practice law in what was then the budding frontier town of Davenport.
The firm became known as Lane & Waterman in 1902, when Justice Charles M. Waterman left the Iowa Supreme Court to join firm partner Joe R. Lane. Both men were respected community leaders. Lane was the son of James T. Lane, who had become a law partner of A. Abner Davison with the death of David C. True in 1873. Lane served as a regent of the University of Iowa, a member of the Davenport City Council, and as a one-term Republican U.S. Representative. Waterman served as Davenport city attorney and as a Scott County District Court judge before becoming an Iowa Supreme Court Justice.
In expanding from two attorneys to more than 30 and evolving into the largest firm in the Quad Cities, Lane & Waterman has remained committed to the core values that support its founding: legacy, quality, community, talent and innovation.
”Throughout our 165 years, we are reminded that service to you, our clients, and to our community, are the primary reasons for our existence,” said Bob Waterman, managing partner for Lane & Waterman. “We look forward to continuing to serve our clients and beyond for the next 165 years.”
The firm will share its history through our social media pages on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.