Five Questions with… Doug Lindstrom
Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Doug Lindstrom, this week’s “Five Questions with…” feature lawyer, followed in his father’s footsteps and sets an example for his young son to follow.
- What made you want to become a lawyer? I have always been around the legal profession because my father is a lawyer. I always wanted to be a business executive and I had no interest in being a lawyer until I took a business law course in college. I decided to apply to law school but I also pursued a master’s in business administration to keep my options open. I developed a passion for banking and bankruptcy law (the same practice area as my father) and decided the practice of law was right for me (and apparently in my blood).
- What do you do for fun? I love physical activity and try to exercise every day. I was a competitive runner for many years and recently switched to cycling so that I can go faster. I also enjoy spending time with my active wife and very active toddler son.
- How do you get your news? –sites, apps, RSS, etc? I wake up at 5:30 a.m. every morning and spend at least one hour perusing nearly one dozen news websites. I am a news junkie who suffers from fear of missing out.
- What do you think sets Lane & Waterman apart in terms of how we deliver value to clients? Unlike most law firms, we have removed the financial incentive for a lawyer to do work outside of his or her area of expertise. The client works with the attorney who has the knowledge to effectively and efficiently deliver a solution. That’s value.
- What goals do you have for yourself in the next five years? I want to be a great father, husband, and lawyer. I am grateful for what I have and I want to take care of it.
Doug practices in our Corporate & Transactional Law group with a focus on banking, bankruptcy, corporate & business law, and real estate. Learn more about his work at https://l-wlaw.com/attorneys/douglas-r-lindstrom-jr/.