Five Questions with… Ben Patterson
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Meet Ben Patterson, the Scott County Bar Association’s current President and this week’s “Five Questions with…” featured attorney.
- What made you want to become a lawyer? My original intention was to become a police officer or a state trooper. I enrolled at Western Illinois and became interested in the law while taking criminal justice classes. After graduating with my bachelor’s degree, I decided to go on to law school and pursue my newly-developed interest in the law.
- What do you do for fun? My wife Megan and I have four young children, so we like to find energy-burning activities like playing in the park, swimming and sports. We also enjoy camping and traveling in the summer.
- What’s your favorite place in the Quad Cities? Anywhere on the Mississippi riverfront. I could probably spend an entire day just watching the river roll by.
- Why have you chosen to focus on litigation? I enjoy the adrenaline rush that comes with arguing in court and trying to convince a jury to rule in favor of my client.
- What goals do you have for yourself in the next five years? My goal is to continue my professional development and practice. I will be finishing up my term as President of the Scott County Bar Association later this year, and plan to get more involved in the Iowa State Bar Association.
Ben practices on our litigation team at Lane & Waterman. Learn more about his work at https://l-wlaw.com/attorneys/benjamin-j-patterson/.